Incorporated Societies Act Seminars
If you are on the Board/Committee of an incorporated society, or work for one, this seminar is for you. The new Incorporated Societies Act 2022 brings significant changes affecting all incorporated societies - including many clubs, residents' associations and community organisations.
We welcome the community, including society board members, officers and employees to a free seminar to understand what these changes mean for you.
The seminars will be facilitated by Anderson Lloyd (Dunedin, Balclutha and Oamaru) and Aspiring Law (Cromwell and Wanaka) and have been designed to assist our local volunteer clubs and societies with the significant changes and to be prepared as the new requirements come into force. The changes include: all incorporated societies must re-register under the 2022 Act between October 2023 and April 2026 and societies will need to make changes to their Constitutions before re-registering. The Act also modernises the way societies are registered and regulated; with the major changes relating to:
- Membership: A new minimum number of members and rules about how someone becomes a member;
- Governance: Committee member duties are clarified and codified;
- Constitution: New requirements for a society’s Constitution (previously known as its rules);
- Dispute resolutions;
- Financial reports;
- Managing conflicts of interest and member information; and
- A number of enforcement provisions and penalties provisions.
Please register below to attend a seminar in your local area: